The Work Internships Ready Community College Students (WIRCCS) Internship Scholarship is available to Estrella Mountain Community College students who are or will be participating in unpaid internships through West Valley businesses while concurrently enrolled in internship courses or programs for college credit.
- I have already successfully completed a minimum of one semester at Estrella Mountain Community College.
- I have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- I am currently placed in or actively seeking an unpaid internship at a business west of 43rd Avenue.
- I am currently enrolled in or planning to enroll in a concurrent internship course or program for college credit.
- I understand that I will be required to participate in an interview with the selection committee if I am a finalist for this scholarship.
- I understand that if I am awarded, I will be required to submit documentation from my internship employer stating the location, number of hours and duration of my internship.
Final applicants will be interviewed by the WIRCCS Scholarship Board. Award amounts will vary based on internship details, including but not limited to the location, duration and number of hours assigned. Recipients are encouraged to reapply upon successful completion of previous internships.
You must complete the supplemental questions AND the general scholarship application to apply for this scholarship.
An updated cover letter and resume need to be uploaded.
Be sure to check your general application for additonal scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
DEADLINES are on the following dates at 5PM:
Sept 10th and November 12th, 2017
February 4th, April 8th, and June 10th, 2018