The Sleep Judge is pleased to announce our annual State of Sleep Scholarship helping to increase the awareness around the importance of sleep.
Sleep is a crucial element to health and wellness and in todays world of busy schedules, school work loads and glowing screens, often sleep is something that is ignored.
With the high costs of education, The Sleep Judge’s State of Sleep Scholarship aims towards the goal of helping individuals offset some of the costs of their studies and provide more awareness around the importance of sleep.
Each student who is awarded The Sleep Judge State of Sleep Scholarship will be given $1,500 towards their university or college fees. The scholarship is awarded one time every year.
The scholarship is open to all students in North America who meet the eligibility criteria. Canadian students who receive the scholarship will be awarded $2000 CAD (which is the equivalent of $1,500 USD).
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States or Canada OR current college students already studying at an accredited U.S. or Canadian post-secondary institution
- U.S. or Canadian citizens
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at time of application or already in possession of high school diploma / GED
- Planning to or already currently pursuing a degree at an accredited U.S. or Canadian post-secondary institution
- Carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA or equivalent grade average
**If you cannot find The Sleep Judge’s scholarship listed on your university’s or college’s website, please ask the financial aid office to list our scholarship.**
Scholarship applications close on October 30th every year. The scholarship is awarded on November 15th every year.
Scholarship winners will be notified using the contact details they provide.
How to Apply
Please submit your scholarship application using the form at the bottom of this page.
To apply please create a short video (no longer than 5 minutes) that answers the following:
- How has technology affected our sleep for better or for worse?
- Assess the quality of your own sleep health and discuss some ways that you can improve it.
Make your video creative, innovative, informative, entertaining, and interesting! The video that best captures these attributes will win this year’s scholarship award.
Upload your video to YouTube and include the link when you submit your application below. Note: by submitting this form you agree to allow The Sleep Judge to use your video for promotional purposes (it will be posted to The Sleep Judge blog and potentially other locations).