Estrella Mountain Community College is the lead college in a five institution Arizona consortium (Arizona Sun Corridor-Get Into Energy Consortium) working to create a sustainable pool of high quality candidates for Arizona’s Energy and Mining companies. Arizona Public Service and the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station have worked closely with Estrella Mountain Community College since the late 1990’s to provide programs and internships for the nuclear energy industry. The Estrella Mountain Community College Power Plant Technology program addresses the region’s workforce training needs for the nuclear power industry.
* Must be enrolled at Estrella Mountain Community College
* Must be full time
* Must be pursuing an AAS in Power Plant Technology (declared with admissions and records)
* Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
* Must of completed at least one semester in the PPT program and of obtained
National Career Readiness Certificate - Silver Level or above
Energy Industry Fundamentals Credentials
* Student must maintain a minimum grade of 80% in their NUCP coursework to be eligible for 2nd disbursement
* Students will be eligible for 2nd disbursement of scholarship in any semetser subsequent to their first award
* Must complete the Trade School Scholarship Program Service Agreement prior to award.
* Total Award is 2500.00. 1250.00/ disbursement