The Nina Scholars Program is available to students at all Maricopa County Community Colleges. This program provides a unique opportunity where students from disadvantaged backgrounds can obtain the resources and financial support needed in order to successfully complete their college education.
This program covers full tuition, fees, and books and provides each student with an academic advisor mentor. It also includes a $2,750 annual living allowance. The Nina Scholars program is highly focused on all aspects of the success of its student participants.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be working toward their first college degree
- Be a United States citizen and resident of the state of Arizona
- Demonstrate financial needs, as determined by the FAFSA
- Have previously completed no more than 24 college level credits
Available to individuals who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Incoming freshmen ages 18-25 who have been raised through the child welfare system* and have no form of financial support
- College-age youth and adults with physical disabilities*
- Adults who are 25 years or older who have dependents in their family units*