MyLEDLightingGuide's scholarship goal is to provide guidance for business, engineering, and environmental science students. We offer this opportunity for all of those students who relate to the goal of MyLEDLightingGuide which includes those listed above.
- Only students located within the United States. You must be a US Citizen.
- Must be registered for the Fall 2017 semester.
- Content must be original and written by you. No plagiarism.
- Minimum GPA Requirement: 2.5.
- Military academies are ineligible.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a program that is two years in length or longer.
Students are required to write a well researched essay with a minimum of 1000 words on one of the following topics:
a. Why converting to LED is good for the country and nation. Think of the economic and environmental reasons on why conversion makes sense.
b. Cost / Benefit Analysis of Converting to LED Lights - What should business owners consider when analyzing the reasons to convert to LED for their businesses. Think in terms of a factory owner, warehouse owner or anyone who spends a lot of money on lights every month.
c. The benefits to the environment of converting to LED. For example, calculate the reduced energy consumption if people convert their light fixtures from Metal Halide to a LED Retrofit Solution.
d. Analyze the existing lighting technologies and rate them in terms of performance, savings, reliability and functionality.
2. Submit your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information (Due by 1st of July, 2017):
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Name of school
- Your current major
- Current GPA
- Essay of 1000+ words on one of the listed topics submitted as a text document.
3. The winner will be chosen by our team on July 15th, 2017. Stay tuned!