At Mesothelioma Guide we believe knowledge is the most important tool patients and their families can use in their battles against mesothelioma. Similarly, education is one of the most important tools a person can use to be successful in life. Through this scholarship, we hope to help provide students affected by mesothelioma with funds to put toward their education.This scholarship is intended to assist students affected by mesothelioma. Applicants might have seen a loved one fight mesothelioma, lost a loved one to mesothelioma, battled mesothelioma themselves, or otherwise been affected by mesothelioma.
- A mesothelioma patient or survivor or a family member or close acquaintance of someone who had/has mesothelioma
- A full time undergraduate student at a 2-4 year college or university or in high school who will be a full time student in an accredited college or university in the fall 2017 semester
You must write an essay in order to be considered for this scholarship. We want to hear about your personal experiences with mesothelioma. Your essay should tell your story but also include facts about the disease. Show that you have an understanding of what mesothelioma is.
- Explain how mesothelioma has impacted your life. Who in your life had/has mesothelioma?
- How did this diagnosis affect you and your loved ones?
- Include research about mesothelioma cancer: What causes mesothelioma?
- How does it affect the body? Which groups of people are usually affected?
Your essay must be between 1000 and 2000 words.
Be sure to include a works cited page for any outside information used in your essay.