As we are certain that there will be many great pieces of writing, we have decided that the top five entries will feature on our site. We will only be offering one scholarship per year – for a massive $1000 – so the competition will be tough! The best entrants will also get the chance to become regular writers for LincolnLabs.com. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in a career in the tech world, blogging, writing, or just want something to look good on your resume. Once the deadline has passed, we will consider all entries and select the winner and the other top five entries on Tuesday 5 December, 2017. We will announce this on our website. The $1000 will then be sent directly to the winner’s college on 10 December, 2017. That’s it from us. Best of luck to all entrants – now get writing!
- This competition is for students of all ages currently studying in the USA
- If you are under 18 years old, make sure to get permission from your parents or legal guardians before applying
- All entrants should include: 1. Their full name, address and contact details 2. Proof that they are a student at the moment 3. The name of their school
- The deadline is Thursday 30 November, 2017, so you should definitely get writing before then!
- LincolnLabs reserves the exclusive rights to publish any of the entries it receives.
Applying for the scholarship is simple: all you have to do is write a 500-1000 word story or article, in English, about computers and technology. For example, you could write about virtual reality, robots, wearables, self-driving cars, 3D printing in medicine… the choice is huge! What we really want to know is how tech helps make our lives easier. Try to be original and reveal a little bit about your personality in the way you write. If you want to win, your passion, knowledge and creativity should shine through in your writing. Please send all entries to email@example.com