At HelpGuide, we believe that volunteer involvement is an integral part of a strong and prosperous community. To encourage this value, we’ve decided to reward a college or university student who demonstrates outstanding volunteer involvement in their community. The winner of our annual award will receive a $1,500 USD scholarship to use towards their tuition.
- Be enrolled full-time at a college or university in the USA or Canada for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Be in good standing with their current academic institution.
- Exemplify outstanding community volunteer involvement.
- Have permission from a parent or legal guardian if they are under the age of 18.
- Simply fill out the below things
- Include your name, email address, and the name of your current school and the institution that you will be attending for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Include the name, phone number, and email address of at least one (1) reference that can verify your volunteer involvement.
- Use your answers to fully describe your community volunteer involvement and what it means to you to be a volunteer. Questions include:
- How do you help in your community?
- How long have you been volunteering?
- Why do you volunteer?
- What does volunteering mean to you and what has it taught you?
- What plans do you have to volunteer in the future?
- We are currently accepting applications. The deadline to apply is November 30, 2017, at midnight PST.
- The winner of the contest will be notified via email and announced on this page no later than 12 midnight PST on Jan 1st, 2018.
- Payment of the scholarship will be remitted to the winner’s respective academic tuition services department in full no later than Jan 4th, 2018.
How will applications be reviewed?
Applications will be read and evaluated by two (2) employees of HelpGuide. One (1) winner will be chosen based on the perceived value of the applicant’s volunteer activity. References for each of the top three (3) finalists will be contacted to verify their volunteer activities.
If you have any questions or would like further information on this scholarship, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.