Are you caring for an adult relative while enrolled in a U.S. college or university? When you're living with your aging loved one, managing their finances because they no longer can, taking them to doctors appointments -- we know that caregiving can be both difficult and rewarding. As America’s leading senior care resource for family caregivers, we know that juggling the responsibilities of caregiving and student life is a unique challenge.
Caring.com is offering three $1,500 scholarships to university students attending an accredited U.S. college or university who care for aging relatives. Submit your story though a 1500-word essay or 2-minute video telling us about your journey.
- Who are you caring for and how are you involved as their caregiver?
- How has your role as a caregiver influenced the decision for your major/career path?
- How would this scholarship be helpful to you in your current student-caregiving role?
Share your #CaringScholar story by June 30, 2017.
By applying for the Caring.com Student-Caregiver Scholarship (“Scholarship Award”), I represent, understand, and agree to comply with the following conditions:
- I am a citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States.
- I am a full-time student at an accredited two or four year university or college in the United States.
- If I receive the Scholarship Award, funds will be delivered directly to my educational institution and those funds will be used for my tuition or books.
- I am not on academic disciplinary status.
- My Application Materials -- text, content, video, creatives, and other materials do not contain or rely upon any trade secret or other nonpublic technical or business information of any kind of a third party.
- Caring.com may use my Application Materials via social media, on the World Wide Web, and via other media and means to raise awareness about family caregiving.
- Neither I, any of my immediate family members, nor any person that I live with, are employees of Bankrate, Inc. or Caring, Inc.
- I understand that Caring.com may choose to not award or to withdraw the Scholarship Award for any reason.
- The terms and conditions of this Scholarship Award Agreement will be governed by the laws of the state of Florida.