Essay Writing Contest Instructions
- Have a working e-mail address that’s yours;
- The participant of our essay writing contest should be enrolled in a university or college;
- Every submission has to meet the word count requirement which is 1,000 to 2,000 words.
- All submissions have to be written in American English. We know that we have many beautiful languages from all over the world, but conducting an event in several different languages is nearly impossible to achieve.
- Send your winning essay in a .doc or .docx file in order to give the judges easy access to your essay.
- The email that you send must have the subject line “Essay Writing Contest Entry,” and send the file to email@example.com.
- Place your name and contact information in the .doc or .docx file itself.
- Avoid trying to convince our panel of judges on why you should win the contest. The judging will be done anonymously and will be based solely on your writing style and your essay’s quality. By doing so, we ensure that the best essay wins.
- Plagiarism is not allowed. If you are found guilty of plagiarism, you will be disqualified and our team won’t give you any notification. No exceptions, no excuses.
- As for re-submissions, they won’t be included in the contest and will only be regarded as plagiarism.
- All submissions have to be made before the 20th of January, 2018. Check if you have included your contact information in the file you submitted as that will be how we will contact you. The winning entry will be announced on the 31st of January, 2018.
Available Topics for the Essay Writing Contest
- What facts influence consumerism?
- Are women more consumerist than men? Explain.
- Are children and teenagers becoming consumerists earlier?
- What exactly is ethical consumerism?
- Can money buy happiness?
- Do you think the “American Dream” is alive?
- Is taking a written exam the best way to test one’s knowledge?
- With violence portrayed in video games, is it still fine for teens to play them?
How the Winning Entry Will Be Chosen
After the 20th of January, 2018, which is the deadline for the submissions, our hand-picked panel of judges will assess all the entries and choose the winner. We hope that all participants understand that it takes time to review all the entries as we have to be careful in selecting the winner. We are also expecting a large pool of submissions, which is why we will only announce the winner by the 31st of January, 2018.
If you get a notification from us saying that you won our annual essay writing contest, respond as soon as you can so you can instantly claim the scholarship.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a student currently enrolled in a high school, college or university
- Have a 2.5 GPA or more
- Have the ability to express your creativity by writing an essay
- You must submit your application before the deadline given in the instructions below