he AvaCare Medical Scholarship recognizes those who are working to better the lives of our customers, students who are pursuing a degree in the medical field, with a prize of $1000 toward college tuition. This scholarship is awarded annually to one submission that tells about an inspiring act of kindness.
AvaCare Medical judges will choose five to ten finalists, whose work will then be posted on our website. Voting will be open for a limited time on the scholarship page and the winner will be chosen based on a combination of judges’ scores and the number of votes.
- Citizen of the United States or in possession of an Alien Registration Card
- - High school senior or enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university
- - Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- - Pursuing a degree in the medical field such as therapy, nursing, medicine, nutrition, laboratory science, dentistry, etc.
Your submission should be about an act of kindness that inspired you. Submissions should be your own unique work and cannot be published anywhere else online.
You may choose to complete any one of the following projects:
- - Writing - up to 800 words (relevant pictures may be included)
- - Video - up to 1.5 minutes, in one of the following formats: .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .flv, .3gp, .avi, .wmv
- - Image - up to 8.5” x 11”, along with a short description
Finalists will be chosen by AvaCare Scholarship judges and notified after the submission deadline has passed. If your submission was chosen as one of our finalists, be sure to reach out to your family, friends and social media contacts and ask them to come to this page and vote for your submission.
- - All projects must be received no later than December 15, 2017 by midnight Eastern Standard Time.
- - Submissions will be judged on content, creativity and quality of work.
- - Submissions containing grammatical or spelling errors, or any inappropriate language or content may not be considered.
- - AvaCare Medical reserves the right to publish any submissions, including, but not limited to, the winning submissions.
How to Apply
- - There is no application form from AvaCare Medical; all you need to send in is your project, a high school or college transcript, and the information listed below.
- - Your application, transcript and information can be sent either by mail or by email.
- ~ If your submission is in the form of a video, you may send your submission via email only.
- ~ If you choose to send in your writing or image via mail, please save a digital copy of your project in case we decide to post your work.
- - Please do not send any other documents such as letters of recommendation, resumes, CVs, etc.
Email a digital copy of your writing, image or video clip to:
Or, mail a printed version of your (typed) writing or image to:
- AvaCare Medical
- Attn: Scholarship Department
- 1665 Corporate Road West
- Lakewood, NJ 08701
When submitting, be sure to include the following:
Please note: Incomplete submissions may be disregarded.
- 1. Your submission
- 2. A copy of your transcript
- 3. The following information:
- - Your full name
- - Your email address
- - Your phone number
- - Medical field you are pursuing