Welcome to The EMCC Scholarship Page. Scholarships are a type of award that can assist students with paying for the cost of attending college and meeting their higher education goals. Scholarships are awarded on various criteria, which usually reflect the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award. EMCC offers both campus based and external scholarships. Available scholarships, searches and important scholarship information can be found here.
Where to find scholarships:
- Your school's scholarship websites
- Your High School Counselor
- Online scholarship search engines
- Clubs and Lodges (whether you're a member or not)
- The school or public library
- Employers and unions or employee groups
- Scholarship search companies
- Consumer beware! Students are cautioned not to pay a fee to agencies who offer to conduct a scholarship search without first checking the validity of that agency. Many times, the information provided is available elsewhere at no cost to the student. Refer to this web page for information on scholarship scams.
How to apply:
- Apply for only those scholarships for which you qualify
- Request applications from all potential scholarship donors or complete online applications
- Apply before the deadlines
- Obtain letters of reference (if requested)
- Print or type all letters and applications if possible
- Always apply for Federal Student Aid as well as scholarships
- Keep your eyes open: a scholarship may be in your backyard
- Check spelling and accuracy of your application
- Start the process early!
Only those with a lawful presence in the US may qualify for MCCCD scholarships or federal financial aid. Any information you provide about your legal status when you apply for financial aid or scholarships may be subject to mandatory reporting to federal immigration authorities under AZ law.